Powered By Blogger

Thursday 8 September 2011

It's time I blogged about food again!

I'm often tweeting about @yo_yo restaurant @Shipley, recommending and have put a review on Trip Advisor.
I go to a lot of really good restaurants across Leeds & Bradford and many across Britain when away! 
I am vegetarian and it is so hard to find good food.... Even harder now I'm going vegan! 
Italian food isn't too bad although no dairy based sauces from now on and luckily I know a good Indian restaurant that's completely vegetarian, a runner up on the F Word! 
I recently went to a French restaurant a winner on the F Word. Great service and fabulous food but only one vegetarian choice!
I'm not sure how many restaurants realise how many people they are ostracising and the money they are losing out on. 
I've lost count how many times I've entered a restaurant read the menu then departed often explaining with no offer to accommodate! 
I have returned to good restaurants but none so much as Yo Yo's over a short period of time!

This is Asian fusion food and the vegetarian choice is immense with Thai, Chinese and Japanese! 
We always start with the vegetable combo of samosas, filo pastry triangles filled with mixed vegetables and selected spices, deep fried and served with a mint yogurt (properly filled too),
dim sum, a dumpling pastry filled with mixed seasonal vegetables and soya sauce, steamed and then pan fried
and tempura, seasonal vegetables deep fried in a light tempura batter served with tempura sauce big enough for 3 to share! There are over 20 choices for starters!
Recently this has been after a strawberry daiquiri to wet the palate! 

For mains I've had Pad Thai Noodles, stir fried Thai noodles in a pad thai sauce with mixed vegetables served with mango slices and sprinkled with peanuts; Vegetable Thai Green Curry, mixed vegetables in a Thai aromatic herb green curry sauce and Vegetable Noodles, Chinese egg noodles stir fried with seasonal vegetables in soy sauce.
I've still to try the Thai Red Curry although I believe this is much hotter (think that's the right way round!).
I'm looking forward to trying the sushi, yes there is vegetarian sushi too! Its Futo Maki, Japanese vinegared rice rolled in seaweed with cucumber, kampyo, takwan (pickled raddish) and spinach.
My mouth is watering as I right this... a description of the ingredients doesn't do justice to the food! 

Then there's the desserts, so far Ultra Chocolate Something, a changing dessert with chocolate and a generous helping of vanilla Ice cream; Yo Yo's Ice Cream Tempura, deep fried vanilla ice cream in a tempura batter topped with chocolate and caramel sauce, this was amazing and so different! and Lemon Grass Crème Brulee, baked cream and egg yolks with lemongrass topped with caramelised sugar, served chilled, I'm going to miss this as a vegan.... 
Maybe I'll chat to the chef about alternative dairy.... a challenge! They already accommodate for gluten free! 
Then I've usually had a mini bottle of Champagne all making a very special evening at a reasonable price!
My daughter and her partner have tried other dishes too and as she can't eat certain ingredients they are very accommodating and have tofu too! 
There is a prime time menu and collect & go! 
I would highly recommend and I don't advertise for free very often! 

If you do go please mention you saw this here by @hugefoodlover!

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment