Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 13 September 2011

Tonight's Tea

I often come home with the dilemma of what to have for tea. Unless I have something specific in mind I usually just grab ingredients and hope it works. I only ever remember one meal that didn't! Can't remember what I put together though!!! Lol
Tonight I grabbed a pan and put in a little sunflower oil then added chopped onion and a clove of roasted garlic.
I then thinly sliced half a courgette, podded some lovely fresh peas and rough cut some broccoli spears and added. Once this had cooked out a little I moved it to the side and added a little bulgar wheat and risotto rice and let it absorb the oil. A shake of bouillon and a small amount of water to plump up the rice then more water. I then added a small tin of sweetcorn, some fresh tomatoes chopped and half a tin of lentils.... Yes the pan was very full! The last ingredients were shavings of horseradish, a sprinkling of sea vegetables and a swirl of peanut butter! All cooked out and water added as needed! 
Now some of you may be questioning some of these ingredients but no taste was over powering and it all worked!

People often feel they have to follow recipes but if you like all the ingredients it's likely you'll like the finished dish... You can keep taste testing too!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment